FAQ Non-EU/EEA Nationals

Most frequent questions and answers

If you are a non-EU/EEA traveller wishing to visit Italy, San Marino or the Vatican, you will need to present the following at the Italian port of entry, in order to be permitted to enter:

  • A valid passport or travel document. Valid for at least three more months beyond their planned date of Exit from Schengen, and issued within the last 10 years.
  • A visa – if they are subject to the Italian visa regime.

Please check go to the website section of your Federal Police and book a urgent apointment/call the department explaining the reason why you need a passport as soon as possible. Don’t forget to bring your admissions letter, personal documents and ENTER’S OID: E10290349 

You should be able to obtain your passport under 14 days. 

As of the 1st of June, COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted in Italy. Providing proof of vaccination, recovery from VCOVID-19 or negative test results is no longer required.

However  we advise you to both have at least one vaccine dose (if you are eligible for it). 


  1. Check with your doctor any other vaccines you might need.
  2. Check the requirements stated in your airlines/transportation ticket before booking.

The Italian border officer may ask you a few questions related to your trip to Italy, i.e.:

  • What is your purpose for visiting Italy?
  • How long do you intend to stay in Italy?
  • Where are you going to stay in Italy? Etc.

FOR NON EU/EEA Students:

So remember to take with you an invitation letter from an Italian host, proof you have the financial means for a trip to Italy or a round-trip ticket, may be required from you. For more information in this regard, contact the local consular services of Italy in your country of residence.

Note that the Italian border police holds the final decision if you shall be permitted to enter Italy or not. If the Italian border officer concludes that you are no risk for Italy, upon checking your documents, you will be permitted to enter Italy, and thus the Schengen territory.

  1. EU Citizens
  2. Albania
  3. Antigua and Barbuda
  4. Argentina
  5. Australia
  6. Bahamas
  7. Barbados
  8. Bosnia and Herzegovina
  9. Brazil
  10. Brunei
  11. Canada
  12. Chile
  13. Colombia
  14. Costa Rica
  15. Dominica
  16. El Salvador
  17. Georgia
  18. Grenada
  19. Guatemala
  20. Honduras
  21. Hong Kong
  22. Israel
  23. Japan
  24. Kiribati
  25. Macao
  26. North Macedonia
  27. Malaysia
  28. Marshall Islands
  29. Mauritius
  30. Mexico
  31. Micronesia
  32. Moldova
  33. Montenegro
  34. New Zealand
  35. Nicaragua
  36. Palau
  37. Panama
  38. Paraguay
  39. Peru
  40. Saint Kitts and Nevis
  41. St Lucia
  42. St Vincent
  43. Samoa
  44. Serbia
  45. Seychelles
  46. Singapore
  47. Solomon Islands
  48. South Korea
  49. Taiwan
  50. Timor Leste
  51. Tonga
  52. Trinidad and
  53. Tobago
  54. Tuvalu
  55. Ukraine
  56. United Arab Emirates
  57. United Kingdom
  58. United States of America
  59. Uruguay
  60. Vanuatu
  61. Venezuela

Notice that you can ask for an urget VISA Pass showing ENTER’S OID,your admissions letter and flight ticket

The following list of documents are required for any short-term Italian Schengen visa application:

  • Italian visa application form. Complete the form and then print it. Sign in at the end after you print it. Make sure the information you have given in this form complies with the information given in the rest of the required documents for an Italy visa.
  • One passport-size picture. The picture must have been taken in the last six months and in compliance with Italy photograph visa requirements.
  • Valid passport. You will need to submit your passport along with the rest of the visa required documents. Make sure your passport has at least two blank pages in order to affix the visa and:
    • Is not older than 10 years.
    • Has a validity of at least three more months beyond the date you plan to leave Italy and the whole territory of Schengen.
  • Your residence permit card along with a copy (if you are not a citizen of the country from which you are applying).
  • Proof of accommodation:
    • Hotel reservation. 
    • If you have a host in Italy: Completed and signed copy of the sponsorship form along with a copy of the passport and the Italian residence permit card of your host (if applicable).
  • Proof of travel (as applicable):
  • Schengen travel visa insurance.

Unfortunately we are unable to pay for the trasportation and visa costs for each of our participants but we are available to assist you in the steps for booking/sending documentation. 

Please refer to l.fornaroli05@gmail.com (English and Italian Service)  for logistics questions  or to hyagosm.edu@gmail.com (English and Portuguese services)